P1345 Possible Causes
- Engine mechanical condition-Valve timing off
- Cam sensor or crank sensor are loose on their mounting
- Faulty camshaft position sensor
- Faulty crankshaft position sensor
How do I fix code P1345
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1345 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1345 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1345 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine hard to start
- Engine stall while driving
P1345 MeaningThe Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is a permanent magnet generator, known as a variable reluctance sensor. The magnetic field of the sensor is altered by a crankshaft mounted reluctor wheel that has seven machined slots, 6 of which are equally spaced 60 degrees apart. The seventh slot is spaced 10 degrees after one of the 60 degree slots. The CKP sensor produces seven pulses for each revolution of the crankshaft. The pulse from the 10 degree slot is known as the sync pulse. The sync pulse is used to synchronize the coil firing sequence with the crankshaft position. The CKP sensor is connected to the powertrain control module (PCM) by a signal circuit and a low reference circuit.
The Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor is triggered by a notched reluctor wheel built into the exhaust camshaft sprocket. The CMP sensor provides 6 signal pulses every camshaft revolution. Each notch, or feature of the reluctor wheel is of a different size for individual cylinder identification. This means the CMP and crankshaft position (CKP) signals are pulse width encoded to enable the powertrain control module (PCM) to constantly monitor their relationship. This relationship is used to determine camshaft actuator position and control its phasing at the correct value. The PCM also uses this signal to identify the compression stroke of each cylinder, and for sequential fuel injection. The CMP sensor is connected to the PCM by a 12-volt, low reference, and signal circuit.
P1345 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1345 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1345 Information for specific makes
- P1345 AUDI Ignition Coil Output Stage 3 Short To Ground
- P1345 BMW Misfire Cylinder 2 With Fuel Cut-off
- P1345 BUICK Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correlation
- P1345 CADILLAC Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correlation
- P1345 CHEVROLET Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correlation
- P1345 DODGE No 5Vs To MAP Sensor
- P1345 GMC Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correlation
- P1345 HYUNDAI #5 ION Line Open
- P1345 ISUZU Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correlation
- P1345 KIA No Camshaft Position Sensor Signal
- P1345 LEXUS Variable Valve Timing Sensor Bank 1 Malfunction
- P1345 MAZDA Camshaft Position Sensor Erratic Signal
- P1345 MINI Misfire Cylinder 2 With Fuel Cut-off
- P1345 PONTIAC Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correlation
- P1345 SATURN Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position Correlation
- P1345 TOYOTA Variable Valve Timing Sensor Bank 1 Malfunction
- P1345 VOLKSWAGEN Ignition Coil Output Stage 3 Short To Ground