P1341 Possible Causes
- Faulty Spark Plug
- Faulty Ignition Coil
- Intake vacuum leak
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Ignition Coil harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Coil circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1341 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1341 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1341 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1341 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1341 MeaningAs part of the CARB/OBD regulations, the Engine Control Module (ECM) must determine if a misfire is occurring and also identify the specific cylinder(s) and the severity of the misfire event and whether it is emissions relevant or catalyst damaging. In order to accomplish these tasks, the control module monitors the crankshaft for acceleration losses during firing segments of each cylinder based on firing order.
The misfire/engine roughness calculation is derived from the differences in the period duration (T) of individual increment gear segments. Each segment period consists of an angular range of 120° crank angle that starts 78° before Top Dead Center (TDC).
If the expected period duration is greater than the permissible value a misfire fault for the particular cylinder is stored in the fault memory of the ECM. Depending on the level of misfire rate measured the control unit will illuminate the Service Engine Soon light, may cutoff fuel to the particular cylinder and may switch lambda operation to open-loop. All misfire faults are weighted to determine if the misfire is emissions relevant or catalyst damaging.
P1341 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1341 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1341 Information for specific makes
- P1341 AUDI Ignition Coil Output Stage 1 Short To Ground
- P1341 BMW Multiple Cylinder Misfire With Fuel Cut-off
- P1341 HYUNDAI #1 ION Line Open
- P1341 LEXUS Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' No Signal Over 600 RPM Bank 1 Sensor 2
- P1341 MAZDA Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit Range/Performance
- P1341 MERCEDES-BENZ Camshaft Position Actuator Mechanical Fault
- P1341 MINI Multiple Cylinder Misfire With Fuel Cut-off
- P1341 TOYOTA Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' No Signal Over 600 RPM Bank 1 Sensor 2
- P1341 VOLKSWAGEN Ignition Coil Output Stage 1 Short To Ground