P1340 Possible Causes
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty starter motor
- Starting system circuit
- Dead (Weak) battery
How do I fix code P1340
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1340 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1340 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1340 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- Engine Stall
P1340 MeaningThe Camshaft Position Sensor is an electronic device used in an engine to record the rate at which the camshaft is spinning. This information is used by the Engine Control Module(ECM) to control ignition and fuel injection. The camshaft position sensor senses the retraction of camshaft (intake) to identify a particular cylinder. The camshaft position sensor senses the piston position. The sensor system consists of a rotating part, typically a disc, as well as a static part, the actual sensor.
When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change.
When the crankshaft position sensor (POS) system becomes inoperative, the camshaft position sensor provides various controls of engine parts instead, utilizing timing of cylinder identification signals.
P1340 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1340 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1340 Information for specific makes
- P1340 AUDI CKP/CMP Sensor Signals Out Of Sequence
- P1340 BMW Multiple Cylinder Misfire During Start
- P1340 FORD Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit Malfunction
- P1340 HYUNDAI IFS 2 Open
- P1340 ISUZU ION Sensing Module Cylinder ID Fault Cylinder Syncronization Fail
- P1340 LEXUS Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Bank 1 Sensor 2
- P1340 MAZDA Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit
- P1340 MERCEDES-BENZ Camshaft Position Sensor Signal
- P1340 MINI Multiple Cylinder Misfire During Start
- P1340 TOYOTA Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Bank 1 Sensor 2
- P1340 VOLKSWAGEN CKP/CMP Sensor Signals Out Of Sequence