P1324 Possible Causes
- Faulty knock sensor
- Knock sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Knock sensor harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
First diagnose P1324 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
P1324 Tech NotesThe P1324 code means that the Knock Sensor is not working properly. Problems with the knock sensor will not cause an engine performance problems. Replacing the knock sensor usually takes care of the problem.
Cost of diagnosing the P1324 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1324 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P1324 code detected?When an excessively low voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM)
P1324 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of Power
P1324 MeaningThe knock sensor is mounted on the cylinder block and detects engine knocking. The vibration caused by knocking are converted into electrical signals through the piezo ceramic element. The Engine Control Module (ECM) controls the ignition timing based on the electrical signals. If the signal from the knock sensor do not vary for a set time period, the ECM detects a malfunction and sets the P1324 code.
P1324 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1324 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1324 Information for specific makes
- P1324 ACURA Knock Sensor Power Source Circuit Low Voltage
- P1324 AUDI Knock Sensor 4 Signal Too Low
- P1324 BUICK Crank RPM Too Low
- P1324 CADILLAC Crank RPM Too Low
- P1324 CHEVROLET Crank RPM Too Low
- P1324 GMC Crank RPM Too Low
- P1324 HONDA Knock Sensor Power Source Circuit Low Voltage
- P1324 HYUNDAI Glow Relay Malfunction
- P1324 VOLKSWAGEN Knock Sensor 4 Signal Too Low