P1320 Possible Causes
- Faulty power transistor unit built into ignition coil
- Ignition primary circuit is open or shorted (circuit to ignition coils)
- Ignition primary circuit poor electrical connection (circuit to ignition coils)
- Faulty ignition system condenser
- Crankshaft position sensor circuit
How do I fix code P1320
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1320 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1320 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P1320 code detected?When the ignition signal in the primary circuit is not sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) during engine cranking or running.
P1320 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1320 MeaningThe ignition signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM) is sent to and amplified by the power transistor. The power transistor turns on and off the ignition coil primary circuit. This on-off operation induces the proper high voltage in the coil secondary circuit.
P1320 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1320 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1320 Information for specific makes
- P1320 AUDI Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Short To Ground
- P1320 BUICK IC Module 4X Reference Circuit Intermittent No Pulses
- P1320 CADILLAC IC Module 4X Reference Circuit Intermittent No Pulses
- P1320 CHEVROLET IC Module 4X Reference Circuit Intermittent No Pulses
- P1320 GMC IC Module 4X Reference Circuit Intermittent No Pulses
- P1320 HYUNDAI Ignition Coil 4
- P1320 INFINITI Ignition Signal
- P1320 LEXUS Igniter Circuit Malfunction No. 5
- P1320 MITSUBISHI Ignition Timing Retard Insufficient
- P1320 NISSAN Ignition Signal
- P1320 SAAB Ignition Coils Bank 2
- P1320 SUZUKI Crankshaft Segment Malfunction
- P1320 TOYOTA Igniter Circuit Malfunction No. 5
- P1320 VOLKSWAGEN Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Short To Ground