P1316 - Injector Driver Module Codes Detected
P1316 Possible Causes
- Faulty Injector Driver Module (IDM) Relay
- Faulty Injector Driver Module
- Injector Driver Module harness is open or shorted
- Injector Driver Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the P1316 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1316 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1316 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1316 MeaningThe Injector Driver Module (IDM) provides EF output signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to confirm the proper timing/duration of Fuel Delivery Command Signal (FDCS) was received. Additionally, EF signal is used to send diagnostics of IDM and electrical circuits of injectors to PCM. The Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P1316 indicates that codes are stored in the IDM.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1316 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals