P1309 Possible Causes
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Synchronize Assembly not properly installed.
- Verify the cam sensor is synchronized
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Verify input sensor parameters are correct
How do I fix code P1309
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1309 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1309 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1309 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1309 MeaningMisfire Monitor Disabled When the misfire monitor is disabled, usually due to the input signal generated by the camshaft position (CMP) sensor, by sensing the passage of teeth from the CMP wheel.
P1309 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1309 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1309 Information for specific makes
- P1309 FORD Misfire Detection Monitor Not enabled
- P1309 HYUNDAI Acceleration Sensor Circuit High Input
- P1309 KIA Chassis Acceleration Sensor Signal High
- P1309 LINCOLN Misfire Detection Monitor Not enabled
- P1309 MAZDA Misfire Detection Monitor Not enabled
- P1309 MERCURY Misfire Detection Monitor Not enabled