P1301 Possible Causes
- Faulty spark plug 1
- Faulty Ignition Coil 1
- Ignition Coil 1 harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Coil 1 circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1301 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1301 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1301 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1301 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine run rough
P1301 MeaningIgnition monitoring cylinder spark duration too short
P1301 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1301 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1301 Information for specific makes
- P1301 ACURA Cylinder Number 1 Random Misfire Detected
- P1301 BMW Misfiring Cylinder 1
- P1301 FORD Boost Pressure Pressure High
- P1301 HONDA Cylinder Number 1 Random Misfire Detected
- P1301 HYUNDAI TDC Sensor Abnormal
- P1301 MINI Misfiring Cylinder 1
- P1301 SAAB Cylinder 1 Misfiring Detected
- P1301 SUBARU Misfire Detected Increased Exhaust Temperature