P1297 HONDA - Electric Load Detector Circuit Low Voltage
P1297 HONDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Electronic Load Detector Unit
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Electronic Load Detector Unit harness is open or shorted
- Electronic Load Detector Unit circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1297 HONDA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
User Submitted Video
What is the cost to diagnose the P1297 HONDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1297 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1297 HONDA MeaningThe Electric Load Detector (ELD) measures the main current flow and sends that signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM) to command the alternator charging system to get fuel efficiency and decrease the drag of the engine when starting.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1297 HONDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals