P1296 Possible Causes
- Low coolant level
- Faulty Coolant Temperature Sensor
- Coolant Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Coolant Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1296
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1296 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1296 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1296 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1296 MeaningEngine Cooling System Malfunction is the generic description for the P1296 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1296 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1296 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1296 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1296 Information for specific makes
- P1296 AUDI Engine Cooling System Malfunction
- P1296 CHRYSLER 5 Volt Reference Voltage Missing At Throttle Position Sensor
- P1296 DODGE 5 Volt Reference Voltage Missing At Throttle Position Sensor
- P1296 FORD Multi-Faults Bank 2 With Low Side Shorts
- P1296 MITSUBISHI No 5 Volts to MAP Sensor
- P1296 VOLKSWAGEN Engine Cooling System Malfunction