P1292 Possible Causes
- Faulty Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Pressure Sensor
- CNG Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- CNG Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1292
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1292 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1292 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1292 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1292 MeaningWith the key on or engine running, then the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Fuel Pressure sensor input was more than 0.49v.
P1292 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1292 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1292 Information for specific makes
- P1292 AUDI Engine Coolant Thermostat Open Circuit
- P1292 CHRYSLER Compressed Natural Gas Pressure Sensor Signal Too High
- P1292 DODGE Compressed Natural Gas Pressure Sensor Signal Too High
- P1292 FORD Injector High Side Short To GND Or VBATT - Bank 2
- P1292 VOLKSWAGEN Engine Coolant Thermostat Open Circuit