P128E Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
- Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P128E code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P128E code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P128E code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P128E Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P128E MeaningDuring certain engine operating conditions the Engine Control Module (ECM) checks the actual fuel rail pressure reported from the fuel rail pressure sensor and compares the value to a set programed value. If the values are out of the calibrated range for a set amount of time DTC P128E will set.
P128E More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P128E code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P128E Information for specific makes
- P128E BMW Nitrogen Oxide Sensor Oxygen Sensor Signal After Regeneration Dynamics Binary Dynamic Response Too Low
- P128E BUICK Fuel Rail Pressure Performance
- P128E CADILLAC Fuel Rail Pressure Performance
- P128E CHEVROLET Fuel Rail Pressure Performance
- P128E DODGE Transmission Control Module Power Control Circuit Overcurrent
- P128E GMC Fuel Rail Pressure Performance
- P128E MINI Nitrogen Oxide Sensor Oxygen Sensor Signal After Regeneration Dynamics Binary Dynamic Response Too Low