P128C - Fuel Rail Temperature Sensor 1 Signal Message Counter Incorrect
P128C Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Rail Temperature Sensor 1
- Fuel Rail Temperature Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Rail Temperature Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P128C?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P128C code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P128C code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P128C MeaningThe fuel rail pressure sensor transmits fuel pressure and temperature information by serial data. The fuel rail pressure sensor internal microprocessor allows 4 separate sensor outputs from one 3 wire sensor. The Engine Control Module (ECM) supplies the fuel rail pressure sensor with a 5 V reference circuit, a low reference circuit, and an asynchronous signal/serial data circuit. The asynchronous signal means communication is only going from the fuel rail pressure sensor to the ECM. The ECM decodes the serial data signal into separate voltages which are displayed on a scan tool as the voltage inputs from the Fuel Temperature Sensor, Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor and Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 2.
P128C More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P128C code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P128C BUICK Fuel Rail Temperature Sensor 1 Signal Message Counter Incorrect
- P128C CADILLAC Fuel Rail Temperature Sensor 1 Signal Message Counter Incorrect
- P128C CHEVROLET Fuel Rail Temperature Sensor 1 Signal Message Counter Incorrect
- P128C DODGE Transmission Control Module Power Control Circuit High
- P128C GMC Fuel Rail Temperature Sensor 1 Signal Message Counter Incorrect