P128B Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 2
- Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 2 harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 2 circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P128B
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P128B code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P128B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P128B Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P128B MeaningThe fuel rail pressure sensor transmits fuel pressure and temperature information by serial data. The fuel rail pressure sensor internal microprocessor allows 4 separate sensor outputs from one 3 wire sensor. The Engine Control Module (ECM) supplies the fuel rail pressure sensor with a 5 V reference circuit, a low reference circuit, and an asynchronous signal/serial data circuit. The asynchronous signal means communication is only going from the fuel rail pressure sensor to the ECM. The ECM decodes the serial data signal into separate voltages which are displayed on a scan tool as the voltage inputs from the Fuel Temperature Sensor, Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor and Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 2.
P128B More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P128B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P128B Information for specific makes
- P128B BMW Nitrogen Oxide Sensor Regeneration Nitrogen Oxide Cat Time Controlled Regeneration Abort
- P128B BUICK Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 2 Internal Performance
- P128B CADILLAC Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 2 Internal Performance
- P128B CHEVROLET Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 2 Internal Performance
- P128B DODGE Transmission Control Module Power Control Circuit Low
- P128B GMC Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 2 Internal Performance
- P128B MINI Nitrogen Oxide Sensor Regeneration Nitrogen Oxide Cat Time Controlled Regeneration Abort