P1282 FORD - Excessive Injection Control Pressure
P1282 FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR)
- Injection Pressure Regulator harness is open or shorted
- Injection Pressure Regulator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the P1282 FORD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1282 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1282 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1282 FORD MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Injection Control Pressure. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates excessive injection control pressure was detected during continuous diagnostic monitoring.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1282 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals