P1281 - Engine Is Cold Too Long
P1281 Possible Causes
- Engine coolant level too low
- Faulty thermostat
How is the P1281 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1281 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1281 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1281 MeaningEngine Coolant Temperature (ECT) is monitored with engine running. The P1281 code will set if the engine coolant temperature does not reach 181 F (83 C) while driving for more than 3 minutes and less than one hour depending on the engine load and start up temperature.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1281 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1281 AUDI Fuel Metering Solenoid Short To Ground
- P1281 BUICK Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Performance
- P1281 CADILLAC Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Performance
- P1281 CHEVROLET Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Circuit Performance
- P1281 CHRYSLER Engine Is Cold Too Long
- P1281 DODGE Engine Is Cold Too Long
- P1281 FORD Injection Control Pressure Circuit Out Of Range High
- P1281 GMC Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Circuit Performance
- P1281 INFINITI Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Circuit No Activity Detected Bank 2
- P1281 JEEP Engine Is Cold Too Long
- P1281 NISSAN Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Circuit No Activity Detected Bank 2
- P1281 VOLKSWAGEN Fuel Metering Solenoid Short To Ground