P1260 Possible Causes
- Incorrectly programmed Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Incorrectly programmed Instrument Cluster (IC) or Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
- Previous theft condition
- Anti-theft system concern
How do I fix code P1260
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1260 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1260 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1260 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1260 MeaningThe P1260 code can be set if the Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) has determined a theft condition existed and the engine is disabled or an engine start was attempted using a non-PATS key. This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is a good indicator to check the PATS for DTCs. This DTC can also be set when a new Instrument Cluster (IC), Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) or Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is installed without correctly programming either module even if the vehicle is not equipped with PATS.
P1260 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1260 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1260 Information for specific makes
- P1260 AUDI Injector 1 Implausible Signal
- P1260 BUICK Fuel Pump Speed Relay Control Circuit Conditions
- P1260 CADILLAC Fuel Pump Speed Relay Control Circuit Conditions
- P1260 CHEVROLET Fuel Pump Speed Relay Control Circuit Conditions
- P1260 FORD Theft Detected - Vehicle Immobilized
- P1260 GMC Fuel Pump Speed Relay Control Circuit Conditions
- P1260 JEEP Glow Plug #1 Circuit
- P1260 LINCOLN Theft Detected - Vehicle Immobilized
- P1260 MAZDA Theft Detected - Engine Disabled
- P1260 MERCURY Theft Detected - Vehicle Immobilized
- P1260 SAAB Throttle Return Spring Weak Spring Force
- P1260 VOLKSWAGEN Injector 1 Implausible Signal