P1251 - Throttle Motor Circuit
P1251 Possible Causes
- Idling speed incorrect
- A mechanical fault is preventing the throttle from closing.
- Faulty Throttle Motor
- Throttle Motor harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Motor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1251 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1251 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1251 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1251 MeaningThrottle Motor Circuit is the generic description for the P1251 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1251 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1251 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1251 AUDI Start Of Cold Start Injector Short To Positive
- P1251 CHRYSLER Vacuum Reservoir Solenoid Short To Ground
- P1251 DODGE Vacuum Reservoir Solenoid Short To Ground
- P1251 JEEP Vacuum Reservoir Solenoid Short To Ground
- P1251 SAAB Throttle Motor Circuit
- P1251 VOLKSWAGEN Start Of Cold Start Injector Short To Positive