P1246 2008 FORD FUSION - Alternator Load Input Failed
P1246 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Faulty Alternator/Generator
- Alternator/Generator harness is open or shorted
- Alternator/Generator circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
Cost of diagnosing the P1246 2008 Ford Fusion code
The cost of diagnosing the P1246 2008 Ford Fusion code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1246 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1246 2008 Ford Fusion Meaning
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM
) monitors generator load from the generator/regulator in the form of frequency. The frequency range is determined by the temperature of the voltage regulator where 97% represents full load, below 6% means no load.