P1243 - Second Fuel Pump Faulty Or Ground Fault
P1243 Possible Causes
- Faulty Second Fuel Pump
- Second Fuel Pump harness is open or shorted
- Second Fuel Pump circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1243 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1243 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1243 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1243 MeaningSecond Fuel Pump Faulty Or Ground Fault is the generic description for the P1243 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1243 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1243 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1243 ACURA Throttle Position Insufficient
- P1243 AUDI Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 7
- P1243 BUICK Injector Circuit Cylinder 8 Intermittent
- P1243 CADILLAC Injector Circuit Cylinder 8 Intermittent
- P1243 CHEVROLET Injector Circuit Cylinder 8 Intermittent
- P1243 FORD Second Fuel Pump Faulty or Ground Fault
- P1243 GMC Injector Circuit Cylinder 8 Intermittent
- P1243 HONDA Throttle Position Insufficient
- P1243 LINCOLN Second Fuel Pump Faulty Or Ground Fault
- P1243 MERCURY Second Fuel Pump Faulty Or Ground Fault
- P1243 MITSUBISHI Inquiry/Response Error
- P1243 NISSAN Supercharger Bypass Valve Circuit Malfunction
- P1243 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 7