P1242 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Injector 6
- Fuel Injector 6 harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Injector 6 circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1242Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1242 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1242 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1242 MeaningInjector Circuit Open Cylinder 6 is the generic description for the P1242 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1242 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
P1242 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1242 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1242 ACURA Throttle Valve Control Motor Circuit 2 Malfunction
- P1242 AUDI Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 6
- P1242 HONDA Throttle Valve Control Motor Circuit 2 Malfunction
- P1242 ISUZU High Fuel Pressure Regulator Circuit High Voltage
- P1242 JAGUAR Sensor Power Supply High Input
- P1242 MINI Secondary Upstream Manifold Air Pressure Sensor Too High in Deceleration
- P1242 MITSUBISHI Fail Safe Control Monitor
- P1242 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 6