P1239 Possible Causes
- Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator (TP sensor 1 and 2)
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1239Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1239 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1239 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1239 MeaningElectric throttle control actuator consists of throttle control motor, throttle position sensor, etc. The throttle position sensor responds to the throttle valve movement.
The throttle position sensor has two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which transform the throttle valve position into output voltage, and emit the voltage signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). In addition, these sensors detect the opening and closing speed of the throttle valve and feed the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the throttle valve from these signals and the ECM controls the throttle control motor to make the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to driving condition.
P1239 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1239 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1239 AUDI Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 3
- P1239 CHRYSLER Engine Oil Temperature Too Low
- P1239 DODGE Engine Oil Temperature Too Low
- P1239 FORD Speed Fuel Pump Positive Feed Fault
- P1239 INFINITI Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P1239 ISUZU High Fuel Pressure System Fault
- P1239 JEEP Engine Oil Temperature Too Low
- P1239 MAZDA Speed Fuel Pump Positive Feed
- P1239 MITSUBISHI Engine RPM Plausibility
- P1239 NISSAN Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P1239 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 3