P1238 VOLVO - Turbocharger Control valve
P1238 VOLVO Possible Causes
- Air leakage after turbocharger
- Hoses between turbocharger and turbocharger control valve are loose, blocked or damage
- Hoses between turbocharger control valve and pressure servo are loose, blocked or damage
- Faulty turbocharger control valve
- Faulty boos pressure control valve pressure servo
- Sticking boost pressure control valve
How do I fix code P1238 VOLVO?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1238 VOLVO code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1238 VOLVO code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1238 VOLVO MeaningThe code O1238 will set if RPM is above 3500 and engine is operating at a high load, control signal to turbocharger control valve is at maximum and boos pressure from boos pressure sensor is lower than approximately 2.9 psi under normal boost pressure (signal too low. If mass from mass air flow sensor is high than desired value (signal too high) it is interpreted as a fault by the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the code is set, a reduce boos pressure is used as a substitute value.
P1238 VOLVO More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1238 VOLVO code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals