P1235 - Fuel Pump Control Out Of Range
P1235 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Pump Drive Module (FPDM)
- FPDM harness is open or shorted
- FPDM circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the P1235 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1235 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1235 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1235 MeaningThe P1235 code indicates the Fuel Pump Drive Module (FPDM) detected an invalid or missing Fuel Pump (FP) circuit signal from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The FPDM sends a message to the PCM through the FPM circuit, indicating this failure was detected. The PCM sets the DTC when the message is received.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1235 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1235 CHEVROLET Injector 5 Output Circuit
- P1235 FORD Fuel Pump Control Out of Range
- P1235 GMC Injector 5 Output Circuit
- P1235 INFINITI Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P1235 LEXUS High Pressure Fuel Pump Circuit
- P1235 LINCOLN Fuel Pump Control Out of Range
- P1235 MAZDA Fuel Pump Driver Module Disabled Or Off Line
- P1235 MERCURY Fuel Pump Control Out of Range
- P1235 MITSUBISHI MASS Airflow Sensor Plausibility
- P1235 NISSAN Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P1235 TOYOTA High Pressure Fuel Pump Circuit