P1234 LINCOLN - Fuel Pump Driver Module Disabled Or Off Line
P1234 LINCOLN Possible Causes
- Inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch needs to be reset
- Faulty Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM)
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) switch
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose P1234 LINCOLN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
P1234 LINCOLN Tech Notes1. Disconnect the inertia switch harness connector
2. Turn key to ON position (Engine OFF)
3. Measure voltage of circuit between inertia switch harness connector and ground
4. If battery voltage is found, replaced Inertia Switch
5. Clear codes.
Cost of diagnosing the P1234 LINCOLN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1234 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1234 LINCOLN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1234 LINCOLN MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) circuit from the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM). With the key on, the FPDM continuously sends a duty cycle signal to the PCM through the FPM circuit. The test fails if the PCM stops receiving the duty cycle signal.
P1234 LINCOLN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1234 LINCOLN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals