P1233 MERCURY - Fuel Pump Driver Module Disabled Or Off Line
P1233 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch needs to be reset
- Faulty Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM)
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) switch
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How do I fix code P1233 MERCURY
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
P1233 MERCURY Tech Notes
User Submitted Video
Cost of diagnosing the P1233 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1233 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1233 MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine no start
P1233 MERCURY MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) circuit from the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM). With the key on, the FPDM continuously sends a duty cycle signal to the PCM through the FPM circuit. The test fails if the PCM stops receiving the duty cycle signal.
P1233 MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1233 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals