P1233 MAZDA Possible Causes
- Inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch needs to be reset
- Faulty Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM)
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) switch
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How do I fix code P1233 MAZDACheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1233 MAZDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1233 MAZDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1233 MAZDA MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) circuit from the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM). With the key on, the FPDM continuously sends a duty cycle signal to the PCM through the FPM circuit. The test fails if the PCM stops receiving the duty cycle signal.
P1233 MAZDA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1233 MAZDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals