P1233 2012 FORD FUSION - Fuel Pump Driver Module Disabled Or Off Line
P1233 2012 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch needs to be reset
- Faulty Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM)
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) switch
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the P1233 2012 FORD FUSION code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
1. Disconnect the inertia switch harness connector
2. Turn key to ON position (Engine OFF)
3. Measure voltage of circuit between inertia switch harness connector and ground
4. If battery voltage is found, replaced Inertia Switch
5. Clear codes.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1233 2012 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1233 2012 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1233 2012 FORD FUSION MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) circuit from the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM). With the key on, the FPDM continuously sends a duty cycle signal to the PCM through the FPM circuit. The test fails if the PCM stops receiving the duty cycle signal.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1233 2012 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals