P1232 Possible Causes
- Faulty Low Speed Fuel Pump
- Faulty Fuel Pump Relay
- Low Speed Fuel Pump harness is open or shorted
- Low Speed Fuel Pump circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How do I fix code P1232
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
P1232 Tech NotesThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Low Speed Fuel Pump (LFP) primary circuit output from the PCM. The test fails if: When the LFP circuit is commanded on (grounded), excessive current draw is detected on the LFP circuit; or when the LFP circuit is commanded off, voltage is not detected on the LFP circuit (the PCM expects to detect VPWR voltage coming through the low speed fuel pump relay coil to the LFP circuit).
Cost of diagnosing the P1232 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1232 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1232 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1232 MeaningLow Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure is the generic description for the P1232 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1232 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1232 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1232 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1232 Information for specific makes
- P1232 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 8 Short To Ground
- P1232 CHEVROLET Injector 4 Output Circuit
- P1232 FORD Low Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure
- P1232 GMC Injector 4 Output Circuit
- P1232 LAND-ROVER Low Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure
- P1232 LINCOLN Low Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure
- P1232 MERCURY Low Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure
- P1232 MITSUBISHI Throttle Actuator Control Circuit Fault
- P1232 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 8 Short To Ground