P1230 - Fuel Pump Control Unit Malfunction
P1230 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Pump Control Unit
- Faulty Fuel Pump Relay
- Fuel Pump Control Unit harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Pump Control Unit circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1230 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1230 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1230 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1230 MeaningFuel Pump Control Unit Malfunction is the generic description for the P1230 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1230 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1230 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1230 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 6 Short To Ground
- P1230 BMW Fuel Pump Relay Activation
- P1230 FORD Low Speed Fuel Pump Fault Condition
- P1230 LAND-ROVER Low Speed Fuel Pump Fault Condition
- P1230 LINCOLN Low Speed Fuel Pump Fault Condition
- P1230 MERCURY Low Speed Fuel Pump Fault Condition
- P1230 MINI Fuel Pump Relay Activation
- P1230 SAAB Throttle Position Sensor 1 and 2 Circuit
- P1230 SUBARU Fuel Pump Control Unit Malfunction
- P1230 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 6 Short To Ground