P1217 2008 NISSAN SENTRA Possible Causes
- Faulty Thermostat
- Faulty cooling fan motor
- Cooling fan harness is open or shorted
- Cooling fan circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Control Module (ECM) Program
- Leaking radiator hose
- Leaking or clogged radiator
- Radiator cap
- Leaking or damage Water pump
How do I fix code P1217 2008 NISSAN SENTRACheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1217 2008 NISSAN SENTRA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1217 2008 NISSAN SENTRA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?- Cooling fan does not operate properly (Overheat)
- Cooling fan system does not operate properly (Overheat)
- Engine coolant was not added to the system using the proper filling method
- Engine coolant is not within the specified range.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine overheating
P1217 2008 NISSAN SENTRA MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) controls the cooling fan corresponding to the vehicle speed, engine coolant temperature, refrigerant pressure, and air conditioner ON signal. The control system has 3-step control [HIGH/LOW/OFF].
If the cooling fan or another component in the cooling system malfunctions, engine coolant temperature will rise. When the engine coolant temperature reaches an abnormally high temperature condition, a malfunction is indicated.
P1217 2008 NISSAN SENTRA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1217 2008 NISSAN SENTRA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals