P1216 - Fuel Solenoid Response Time Too Short Conditions
P1216 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Solenoid
- Fuel Solenoid harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1216 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1216 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1216 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1216 MeaningWith engine speed over 506 RPM, The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) input more than 34°F, system voltage from 10-16v, requested fuel rate more than 0 0 mm, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the injection pump closure time was less than 0.75 milliseconds.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1216 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1216 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Short To Positive
- P1216 BMW Fuel Pump
- P1216 BUICK Fuel Solenoid Response Time Too Short Conditions
- P1216 CADILLAC Fuel Solenoid Response Time Too Short Conditions
- P1216 CHEVROLET Fuel Solenoid Response Time Too Short Conditions
- P1216 DODGE 2/1 02 Sensor Slow During Catalyst Monitor
- P1216 FORD Pedal Position Sensor 'C' Circuit High Input
- P1216 GMC Fuel Solenoid Response Time Too Short Conditions
- P1216 MINI Fuel Pump
- P1216 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Short To Positive