P1215 Possible Causes
- Faulty Electronic Driving Unit (EDU)
- Electronic Driving Unit (EDU) harness is open or shorted
- Electronic Driving Unit (EDU) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Spill control valve
First diagnose P1215 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1215 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1215 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1215 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1215 MeaningThe Electronic Driving Unit (EDU) drives the spill control valve at high speeds. The EDUs high speed driving under high fuel pressure conditions is achieved through the use of a DC/DC converter that provides a high voltage, quick charging system.
The engine Electronic Control Unit (ECU) constantly monitors the EDU and stops the engine in case an abnormal condition is detected.
The battery voltage is increased by the DC/DC converter. A voltage of approximately 50 V is applied to the spill control valve in accordance with the IJ+ signal received from the engine ECU. At this time, the injection verification signal (IJF) is sent to the engine ECU.
P1215 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1215 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1215 Information for specific makes
- P1215 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 3 Short To Positive
- P1215 BMW Fuel Pump
- P1215 BUICK Generator Driver Circuit Conditions
- P1215 CADILLAC Generator Driver Circuit Conditions
- P1215 CHEVROLET Generator Driver Circuit Conditions
- P1215 FORD Pedal Position Sensor 'C' Circuit Low Input
- P1215 GMC Generator Driver Circuit Conditions
- P1215 LEXUS Electronic Driving Unit Circuit
- P1215 MINI Fuel Pump
- P1215 TOYOTA Electronic Driving Unit Circuit
- P1215 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 3 Short To Positive