P1191 HYUNDAI - Electronic Throttle System Limp Home Valve On
P1191 HYUNDAI Possible Causes
- Faulty Electronic Throttle System (ETS) Motor
- Faulty Electronic Throttle System (ETS)
- Electronic Throttle System(ETS)unit
- Electronic Throttle System(ETS) harness is open or shorted
- Electronic Throttle System(ETS) circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1191 HYUNDAI
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1191 HYUNDAI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1191 HYUNDAI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1191 HYUNDAI Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine Limp Mode Fail-Safe Mode)
P1191 HYUNDAI MeaningThe Electronic Throttle System (ETS) consists of ETS unit, ETS-motor, Accelerator Position Sensor (APS),Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and Limp home valve.
Among above-mentioned parts, Limp home valve is attached under the throttle body and helps air to flow from the outside through this valve to the engine combustion chamber to prevent the vehicle from engine stall when Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects ETS system malfunction.
Electronic Throttle System (ETS) 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe
P1191 HYUNDAI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1191 HYUNDAI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals