P1190 Possible Causes
- Faulty Throttle Solenoid Valve
- Throttle Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
First diagnose P1190 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1190 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1190 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1190 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1190 Meaningy actuating of flaps in the intake passage the passage at the inlet valve of the cylinder can be narrowed. This reduces the air flow. The flaps in the intake passage are controlled by the intake throttle actuator. Calculation of the duty cycle for the inlet passage shut-off can be switched on and off by the function switch of the inlet passage shut off. If the engine speed and the demand quantity + low idle governor exceed certain thresholds, also the MAFS signal must be above a threshold. If this not the case, the error "flap blocked closed" is recognized. If the engine speed and the control duty cycle exceed certain thresholds, the digital switch of the inlet passage shut off must be actuated. If it is, the error flap blocked open is recognized. In case of the throttle actuator stuck, the engine symptoms will occur a running engine stall and a starting impossible.
P1190 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1190 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1190 Information for specific makes
- P1190 AUDI Linear O2 Sensor Reference Voltage Incorrect Signal
- P1190 BMW Pre-Catalyst Fuel Trim System Bank 1
- P1190 BUICK Engine Vacuum Leak
- P1190 CADILLAC Engine Vacuum Leak
- P1190 CHEVROLET Engine Vacuum Leak
- P1190 CHRYSLER Throttle Inlet Pressure Sensor High
- P1190 DODGE Throttle Inlet Pressure Sensor High
- P1190 FORD Calibration Resistor Out Of Range
- P1190 GMC Engine Vacuum Leak
- P1190 HYUNDAI Intake Throttle Actuator Malfunction
- P1190 JEEP Throttle Inlet Pressure Sensor High
- P1190 KIA Intake Throttle Actuator Malfunction
- P1190 MINI Pre-Catalyst Fuel Trim System Bank 1
- P1190 VOLKSWAGEN Linear O2 Sensor Reference Voltage Incorrect Signal