P1187 DODGE - Throttle Inlet Pressure/MAP Correlation
P1187 DODGE Possible Causes
- Faulty MAP sensor
- MAP sensor harness is open or shorted
- MAP sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Throttle Inlet Pressure (TIP) sensor
- Throttle Inlet Pressure (TIP) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Inlet Pressure (TIP) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Blocked passage or engine mechanical condition
How is the P1187 DODGE code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1187 DODGE code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1187 DODGE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1187 DODGE MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) detected a correlation error between the MAP sensor and the Throttle Inlet Pressure (TIP) sensor
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1187 DODGE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals