P1186 - Fuel Pressure Monitoring-Minimum Pressure at Engine Speed Too Low
P1186 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel pressure regulator valve (Stuck Open)
- Faulty Rail pressure sensor
- Rail pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Rail pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1186 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1186 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1186 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1186 MeaningAs inputted rail pressure sensor signal, Engine Control Module (ECM) of Common rail diesel engine controls Fuel pressure regulator valve(integrated with high press. pump) in order to maintain optimum rail pressure according to current engine rpm and load.
However when the problem that leads rail pressure to out of target value intended by ECM occurs due to mechanical or electronical reason, ECM shuts engine down and sets Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) by limiting fuel (stops injector operation) in order to prevent engine from being controlled abnormally. "rail pressure monitoring error" is the DTC which diagnose 1).supplying state of low pressure fuel and 2).mechanical operating conditions of high pressure pump and 3) indirectly based on RPS output voltage and RPS duty. thus, repair relevant to this DTC requires mechanics the total understand of fuel system.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1186 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1186 AUDI Linear Oxygen Sensor Common Ground Short To Positive
- P1186 BMW O2 Sensor Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2
- P1186 BUICK Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit Performance
- P1186 CADILLAC Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit Performance
- P1186 CHEVROLET Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit Performance
- P1186 FORD Fuel Pump Temperature Sensor Low
- P1186 GMC Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit Performance
- P1186 HYUNDAI Fuel Pressure Monitoring-Minimum Pressure at Engine Speed Too Low
- P1186 KIA Fuel Pressure Too Low
- P1186 MINI O2 Sensor Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2
- P1186 VOLKSWAGEN Linear Oxygen Sensor Common Ground Short To Positive