P1183 CHEVROLET - Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P1183 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Supercharger Inlet Pressure (SCIP) Sensor
- Supercharger Inlet Pressure (SCIP) Sensor harness open or shorted
- Supercharger Inlet Pressure (SCIP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the P1183 CHEVROLET code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1183 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1183 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1183 CHEVROLET MeaningThe Supercharger Inlet Pressure (SCIP) Sensor measures both the atmospheric pressure and the vacuum that exists, under different operating conditions, in the supercharger intake plenum. The plenum volume between the throttle body and the supercharger is where this sensor is located, and for the purpose of this diagnostic, this area is considered to be the intake manifold. The SCIP sensor has the following types of circuits:
- A Powertrain Control Module (PCM) supplied and regulated 5-volt reference circuit
- A PCM supplied ground for the low reference circuit
- A sensor signal circuit that supplies a voltage input to the PCM
The diaphragm within the SCIP sensor responds to the pressure changes in the intake manifold, and provides a signal voltage to the PCM on the signal circuit, relative to those pressure changes.
The PCM monitors the SCIP sensor signal for voltage that is outside of the normal range of a properly operating sensor. If the PCM detects a SCIP sensor signal voltage that is excessively low, DTC P1183 sets.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1183 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals