P1181 - Fuel Delivery System Malfunction High
P1181 Possible Causes
- Restriction in the fuel line
- Plugged fuel filter
- Faulty Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Faulty Fuel Rail Solenoid Shutoff Valve
- Fuel Rail Solenoid Shutoff Valve harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Rail Solenoid Shutoff Valve circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1181 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1181 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1181 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1181 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) receives Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) information from the Natural Gas module (NG), which uses the information to infer Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP). The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set and the test fails when the inferred pressure is less than a maximum calibrated value.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1181 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1181 AUDI Linear Oxygen Sensor Reference Voltage Open Circuit
- P1181 BMW O2 Sensor Signal Circuit Slow Switching From Rich to Lean Bank 2 Sensor 2
- P1181 FORD Fuel Delivery System Malfunction High
- P1181 HYUNDAI Fuel Pressure Monitoring
- P1181 KIA Fuel Pressure Monitoring
- P1181 LINCOLN Fuel Delivery System Malfunction High
- P1181 MERCURY Fuel Delivery System Malfunction High
- P1181 MINI O2 Sensor Signal Circuit Slow Switching From Rich to Lean Bank 2 Sensor 2
- P1181 VOLKSWAGEN Linear Oxygen Sensor Reference Voltage Open Circuit