P117A - Engine Oil Over Temperature - Forced Limited Power
P117A Possible Causes
- Engine overheating
- Low engine coolant
- Loaded weight is greater than the maximum vehicle weight rating
How is the P117A code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P117A code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P117A code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P117A MeaningIndicates the engine oil protection strategy is enabled when the Engine Oil Temperature (EOT) reaches a predetermined level in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The PCM then limits the engine RPMs until the EOT returns to normal
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P117A code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P117A AUDI Bank 1 Lambda Correction Catalyst Center Control Limit Reached
- P117A FORD Engine Oil Over Temperature - Forced Limited Power
- P117A LINCOLN Engine Oil Over Temperature - Forced Limited Power
- P117A NISSAN Cylinder A/F Imbalance Monitoring Bank 1
- P117A VOLKSWAGEN Bank 1 Lambda Correction Catalyst Center Control Limit Reached