P117A Possible Causes
- Engine overheating
- Low engine coolant
- Loaded weight is greater than the maximum vehicle weight rating
First diagnose P117A code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P117A code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P117A code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P117A Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P117A MeaningIndicates the engine oil protection strategy is enabled when the Engine Oil Temperature (EOT) reaches a predetermined level in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The PCM then limits the engine RPMs until the EOT returns to normal
P117A More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P117A code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P117A Information for specific makes
- P117A AUDI Bank 1 Lambda Correction Catalyst Center Control Limit Reached
- P117A FORD Engine Oil Over Temperature - Forced Limited Power
- P117A LINCOLN Engine Oil Over Temperature - Forced Limited Power
- P117A NISSAN Cylinder A/F Imbalance Monitoring Bank 1
- P117A VOLKSWAGEN Bank 1 Lambda Correction Catalyst Center Control Limit Reached