P1178 - Linear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Open Circuit
P1178 Possible Causes
- Faulty O2 Sensor
- O2 Sensor harness is open or shorted
- O2 Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1178 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1178 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1178 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1178 MeaningLinear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Open Circuit is the generic description for the P1178 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1178 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1178 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1178 AUDI Linear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Open Circuit
- P1178 BMW O2 Sensor Signal Circuit Slow Switching From Rich to Lean Bank 1 Sensor 1
- P1178 HYUNDAI Electronic Throttle System Motor Battery Voltage Open
- P1178 MINI O2 Sensor Signal Circuit Slow Switching From Rich to Lean Bank 1 Sensor 1
- P1178 VOLKSWAGEN Linear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Open Circuit