P1174 Possible Causes
- Clogged Fuel Injectors
- Faulty Oxygen sensor
- Ignition problem
- Fuel injection problem
- Engine mechanical condition
How do I fix code P1174
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
P1174 Tech NotesThe sometimes is triggered by clogged fuel injectors. Start by using high octane fuel and/or fuel additive to clean injectors. If problem persists fuel injectors may need to be replace.
Cost of diagnosing the P1174 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1174 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1174 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1174 MeaningThe Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance diagnostic detects a rich or lean cylinder to cylinder air/fuel ratio imbalance in each bank. The diagnostic monitors the pre-catalyst heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) signal's frequency and amplitude characteristics by calculating an accumulated voltage over a predetermined sample period. An imbalance is indicated when multiple samples of the accumulated voltage are consistently higher than the desired value.
P1174 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1174 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1174 Information for specific makes
- P1174 ACURA AF Sensor 21 Circuit Out Of Range High
- P1174 BMW Fuel Trim Adaptation Additve Bank 1 Malfunction
- P1174 BUICK Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 1
- P1174 CADILLAC Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 1
- P1174 CHEVROLET Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 1
- P1174 FORD Cam Sensor Fault
- P1174 GMC Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 1
- P1174 HONDA AF Sensor 21 Circuit Out Of Range High
- P1174 HUMMER Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 1
- P1174 HYUNDAI Electronic Throttle System #1 Close Malfunctio
- P1174 ISUZU Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance
- P1174 LAND-ROVER RH Bank Lambda Control Adaption Over Time Too Large
- P1174 MINI Fuel Trim Adaptation Additve Bank 1 Malfunction
- P1174 OLDSMOBILE Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 1
- P1174 PONTIAC Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 1
- P1174 SATURN Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance
- P1174 SUZUKI Lambda Controller Limit Malfunction Bank 2 Too Rich
- P1174 VOLKSWAGEN Fuel Trim Bank 1 Different Injection Times