P1172 VOLKSWAGEN - Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal 2 Signal Too Low
P1172 VOLKSWAGEN Possible Causes
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Throttle Drive electric motor
- Faulty Throttle Valve Control Module
How do I fix code P1172 VOLKSWAGEN
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1172 VOLKSWAGEN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1172 VOLKSWAGEN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1172 VOLKSWAGEN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1172 VOLKSWAGEN MeaningThrottle Actuation Potentiometer Signal 2 Signal Too Low is the generic description for the P1172 VOLKSWAGEN code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1172 VOLKSWAGEN OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1172 VOLKSWAGEN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1172 VOLKSWAGEN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals