P1160 Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Air Temperature Sensor
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor harness is shorted
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1160
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1160 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1160 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1160 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1160 MeaningIntake Air Temperature Sensor Short To Ground is the generic description for the P1160 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1160 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1160 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1160 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1160 Information for specific makes
- P1160 AUDI Intake Air Temperature Sensor Short To Ground
- P1160 BMW Fuel Trim Additve Bank 2 Low
- P1160 CHRYSLER Ignition Voltage
- P1160 DODGE Ignition Voltage
- P1160 JEEP Ignition Voltage
- P1160 MINI Fuel Trim Additve Bank 2 Low
- P1160 SUBARU Return Spring Failure
- P1160 VOLKSWAGEN Intake Air Temperature Sensor Short To Ground