P115D BMW - Mass Or Volume Air Flow 'A' Air Mass Too High Compared To Model
P115D BMW Possible Causes
- Collateral fault caused by other components in the intake system, Valvetronic, turbocharger
- Intake system leaking
- Faulty Hot Film Mass (HFM) Air Flow Sensor
- Hot Film Mass (HFM) Air Flow Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Hot Film Mass (HFM) Air Flow Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P115D BMW code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P115D BMW code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P115D BMW code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P115D BMW MeaningThe mass airflow must lie within a valid range during all engine operating conditions. The diagnostic function compares the air mass calculated from the model with the measured air mass. A malfunction is detected when the mass airflow respectively falls below or exceeds a calibrated minimum or maximum for a calibrated period of time.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P115D BMW code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals