P1145 Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
How do I fix code P1145
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1145 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1145 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P1145 code detected?When there is a gap between angle of target and phase-control angle degree, the valve will stop working and the ECM will trigger the P1145 code.
P1145 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine lack/loss of power
- Posssible engine rough idle
P1145 MeaningThis mechanism hydraulically controls cam phases continuously with the fixed operating angle of the intake valve.
The Engine Control Module (ECM) receives signals such as crankshaft position, camshaft position, engine speed, and engine coolant temperature. Then, the ECM sends ON/OFF pulse duty signals to the intake valve timing control solenoid valve depending on driving status. This makes it possible to control the shut/open timing of the intake valve to increase engine torque in low/mid speed range and output in high-speed range.
The intake valve timing control solenoid valve changes the oil amount and direction of flow through intake valve timing control unit or stops oil flow. The longer pulse width advances valve angle. The shorter pulse width retards valve angle. When ON and OFF pulse widths become equal, the solenoid valve stops oil pressure flow to fix the intake valve angle at the control position.
P1145 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1145 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1145 Information for specific makes
- P1145 AUDI Mass Air Flow Sensor Short To Positive
- P1145 BMW Solenoid Valve Running Losses Control Circuit Electrical
- P1145 BUICK HO2S Cross Counts Bank 1 Sensor 3
- P1145 CADILLAC HO2S Cross Counts Bank 1 Sensor 3
- P1145 CHEVROLET HO2S Cross Counts Bank 1 Sensor 3
- P1145 FORD Calculated Torque Error
- P1145 GMC HO2S Cross Counts Bank 1 Sensor 3
- P1145 HYUNDAI Main Duty Solenoid Malfunction
- P1145 INFINITI Intake Valve Timing Control Performance Bank 2
- P1145 MINI Solenoid Valve Running Losses Control Circuit Electrical
- P1145 NISSAN Intake Valve Timing Control Performance Bank 2
- P1145 VOLKSWAGEN Mass Air Flow Sensor Short To Positive