P1142 Possible Causes
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor
- Mass Air Flow Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Mass Air Flow Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Check for vacuum leaks
First diagnose P1142 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1142 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1142 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1142 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1142 MeaningLoad Calculation Cross Check Lower Limit Exceeded is the generic description for the P1142 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1142 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1142 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1142 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1142 Information for specific makes
- P1142 AUDI Load Calculation Cross Check Lower Limit Exceeded
- P1142 CHRYSLER Fuel Pressure Solenoid Circuit Condition
- P1142 DODGE Fuel Pressure Solenoid Circuit Condition
- P1142 FORD Fuel Restriction Condition
- P1142 JEEP Fuel Pressure Solenoid Circuit Condition
- P1142 MAZDA HO2S12 Heater Circuit High
- P1142 SUBARU Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Low Input
- P1142 VOLKSWAGEN Load Calculation Cross Check Lower Limit Exceeded