P1140 INFINITI - Intake Valve Timing Control Performance Bank 1
- Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine lack/loss of power
- Possible engine rough idle
P1140 Infiniti Description
This mechanism hydraulically controls cam phases continuously with the fixed operating angle of the intake valve.
The Engine Control Module (ECM) receives signals such as crankshaft position, camshaft position, engine speed, and engine coolant temperature. Then, the ECM sends ON/OFF pulse duty signals to the intake valve timing control solenoid valve depending on driving status. This makes it possible to control the shut/open timing of the intake valve to increase engine torque in low/mid speed range and output in high-speed range.
The intake valve timing control solenoid valve changes the oil amount and direction of flow through intake valve timing control unit or stops oil flow. The longer pulse width advances valve angle. The shorter pulse width retards valve angle. When ON and OFF pulse widths become equal, the solenoid valve stops oil pressure flow to fix the intake valve angle at the control position.