P1134 HONDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 1
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical conection
- Air leak in exhaust near O2 sensor
How do I fix code P1134 HONDA
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1134 HONDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1134 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P1134 HONDA code detected?If the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) determines that the front HO2S did not switch enough times, the PCM will set the P1133 code.
P1134 HONDA Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1134 HONDA MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) activity for 90 seconds after closed loop operation has begun. The ECM determines if the front HO2S is functioning properly by counting the number of HO2S-1 Lean/Rich (L/R) and Rich/Lean (R/L) switches.
P1134 HONDA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1134 HONDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals