P1133 ACURA - HO2S Insufficient Switching Sensor 1
P1133 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 1
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical conection
- Air leak in exhaust near O2 sensor
How is the P1133 ACURA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1133 ACURA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1133 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?If the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) determines that the front HO2S did not switch enough times, the PCM will set the P1133 code.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1133 ACURA MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) activity for 90 seconds after closed loop operation has begun. The ECM determines if the front HO2S is functioning properly by counting the number of HO2S-1 Lean/Rich (L/R) and Rich/Lean (R/L) switches.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1133 ACURA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals